[sumo-user] [Sumo] Questions about driving behavior at roundabouts

Hi,

as part of my research, I am investigating roundabouts in detail. For this purpose I have modeled a real roundabout in Sumo and added some traffic.

In free flow conditions, a vehicle approaches the roundabout with maximum allowed speed (in this setting 50 km/h) and slows down to about 14 km/h to enter the roundabout. For exit, however, there is no braking. The vehicle exits with the maximum set speed of about 30 km/h for the edge within the roundabout.

In my opinion, a real driver would not slow down to such a low speed for entry, but would also slow down before exit.

Therefore the question: Which driving model is defined for driving into, in and out of the roundabout? How could I change the driving behavior in principle?

In scenarios with oncoming traffic, I also observed that vehicles do not enter a gap of suitable size. What is defined here and how can I change this?

I would be very grateful for any feedback.

Best regards,

AS

Back to the top