[sumo-user] Routes from counting data

Hello!

I have a question regarding the detector file.
As it is mentioned in https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Routes_from_Observation_Points.html, SUMO requires the position of the detector on the lane to be expressed in meters. Specifically, the position should fall within the range of -1*lane's length to the lane's length. What I have in my database of detectors is the "latitude" and "longitude" of detectors. I wanted to know whether SUMO can read the "latitude" and "longitude" of detectors and locate the detectors on the network or not. If yes, could you please guide me on how to insert this information in the detector file?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sincerely,
Fereshteh Jafari Shahdani