[sumo-user] Programs won't run from NetEdit due to spaces in SUMO_HOME

In Windows, trying to execute a tool application from NetEdit results in an error complaining about the spaces in c:\Program Files (x86)\Eclipse ..

python C:\Program Files (x86)\Eclipse\Sumo/tools/randomTrips.py --net-file "C:\Users\dhfra\Sumo\experiment1.net.xml" --route-file "C:\Users\dhfra\Sumo\experiment1.rou.xml" starting process...
python: can't open file 'C:\\Program': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

process finished

I tried using "" around the space containing text in my definition of SUMO_HOME, which changes the error to:

python C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Eclipse\Sumo/tools/randomTrips.py --net-file "C:\Users\dhfra\Sumo\experiment1.net.xml" --route-file "C:\Users\dhfra\Sumo\experiment1.rou.xml" starting process...
python: can't open file 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Eclipse\\Sumo\\"Program': [Errno 22] Invalid argument
process finished

I understand I can manually run this in command prompt by first going to the directory where the app is located. I am wondering how to fix this problem with spaces in general however.

Searches show that this is an issue that appears to have many possible fixes but I can't find a general solution to what I assume is an inherent problem.

Thanks!
Doug

Back to the top