[sumo-user] libsumo DLL load error

Dear all,

I'm going to run sumo using libsumo and Python multiprocessing packages.
I successfully installed it using pip install libsumo.

However, importing libsumo from python results in the error message "Module not found."
My error message is as follows
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[1], line 9
      7 from tqdm import tqdm
      8 from multiprocessing import Process, Pool
----> 9 import libsumo

File C:\Program Files (x86)\Eclipse\Sumo\tools\libsumo\__init__.py:30
     28 from traci import connection, constants, exceptions, _vehicle, _person, _trafficlight, _simulation  # noqa
     29 from traci.step import StepManager, StepListener  # noqa
---> 30 from .libsumo import vehicle, simulation, person, trafficlight  # noqa
     31 from .libsumo import TraCIStage, TraCINextStopData, TraCIReservation, TraCILogic, TraCIPhase, TraCIException  # noqa
     32 from .libsumo import TraCICollision, TraCISignalConstraint  # noqa

File C:\Program Files (x86)\Eclipse\Sumo\tools\libsumo\libsumo.py:13
     11 # Import the low-level C/C++ module
     12 if __package__ or "." in __name__:
---> 13     from . import _libsumo
     14 else:
     15     import _libsumo

ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _libsumo: Module not found.

My environment is sumo 1.17, libsumo 1.17, and I use python 3.10.9 in anaconda3.
I added site-package, sumo tools, sumo bin, etc. from anaconda env to the path in the Windows system environment variable, but I still get DLL load error.
How should I solve this problem?

Thank you so much for your kind response and good insights all the time.

Back to the top