Re: [sumo-user] Bug Report: Traci returning wrong edge when vehicle is near junction

see https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/12773 for background and work-around.
Note, that you can catch the exception since it isn't fatal:

             try:
                 traci.vehicle.changeTarget(vehicle, "E20")
             except traci.TraCIException: