Re: [sumo-user] Airport simulation

ooo!
That sounds interesting enough to play with for fun :)

- throwing some thoughts for the experts to laugh at:
Aircraft etc modelled as buses? - can vary length, capacity - even visual shape - arrival speed at 170kt and serious deceleration might be fun for the model and could identify some internal oops but may not actually be necessary & vehicles disappearing at end of route are a plus in this model.

ie Aircraft movement easily modelled to runway thresholds - not sure how you'd model stop until take off - I might guess traffic lights controlled by traci - but lights need to let just one vehicle through at a time

Change of runway direction is a complication - model as two lanes but always have one closed? - however routes then have to be switched to alternate threshold when runway direction switches - ditto 'arriving' aircraft  :(

'reversing' from gate - not sure how to do that - I did some modelling of moving in/reversing out of parking space but not 'turning round' you'd want the parking space to be a bus stop as well ...

Movement across apron - not sure how to model that - aircraft will follow a specific line but vehicles have more flexibility in practice - though ground handling rules are supposed to limit how they route

Movement of passengers - fine in terminal to gate - traffic lights again - boarding at gate straightforward - but need to simulate boarding speed and wait for departure approval? traci again?

tow vehicle feels the odd/unusual one - you are basically forming a train with no coaches - just tractor units - so each can move independently after towing

you might even be able to simulate guided routes in the gui with appropriate coloring of visually very narrow lane :)

towing aside all feels eminently doable and great fun!

good luck
div