Re: [sumo-user] Brake gap Euler calculation

- in the quoted formula, the terms 'egoBrakeGap' and 'leaderBrakeGap' denote the instant brake-gap (headway=0). The term 'egoSpeed * tau + egoBrakeGap' is what the function brakeGapEuler returns when given headway=tau
- the safety condition is actually an inequality: egoSpeed * tau + egoBrakeGap < secureGap + leaderBrakeGap.  Phrased differently: If the brakeGap of the leader is much larger than  the brakeGap of the follower, the secureGap does not turn negative
- the safety condition is only safe as long as the follower cannot brake stronger than the leader (https://arxiv.org/abs/1902.04927 applies to Krauss as well) For this reason, the function MSCFModel::getSecureGap artificially increases to leader braking capability up to the value of the follower deceleration. (so don't be surprised when calling traci.vehicle.getSecureGap)