Re: [sumo-user] Deadlocks with sublane model

The latest development version does indeed fix some deadlocks that could fit your description.
If you still see deadlocks with https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.php#nightly_snapshots please provide a minimal failing example.

best regards,
Jakob

Am Do., 21. Apr. 2022 um 15:31 Uhr schrieb joerg <schweizer.joerg@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,

Using the sublane model (1m sublane width) I'm observing at some
junctions that vehicles get blocked right in front of junctions. There
seems a common pattern:

- there are 2 or 3 vehicles standing in parallel on the same lane
entering a junctions (typically 1 car+1 motorcycle or 3 motorcycles side
by side). More than 3 vehicles in parallel do not fit due to the limited
total edge width.

- vehicles seem to block each other, even though they are heading for
either  the same edge, or to different diverging edges; target edges are
free of traffic

- Something has made those vehicles stop, either a previous downstream
congestion or a traffic light signal; but after the congestion went away
or green light, those vehicles remain blocked and do not move until
teleport.

- in all cases there is some divergence, either from 1 to 2 edges or
from 1 to 2 lanes.

The phenomenon generally happens in heavily congested networks. I have
see this kind of behavior already in the past, currently I am using
version 1.12

Is there any trick to resolve those conflicts or has this problem been
addressed in the latest development?

Thanks for any hint.

Best wishes,

Joerg