[sumo-user] Cooperation vs. No-cooperation

Hello,

Maintaining the same scenario settings (3 lanes, 2000 m road, blockage on each lane, SL2015 LCM), I have run an entire simulation for 100 vehicles to complete their journey.

I find that two ways to be able to tell vehicles to either "be cooperative" (coop) or "don't be cooperative" (no-coop) are either by:

changing the lane change mode from 1621 (default, with coop) to 1617 (no-coop) using traci.vehicle.setLaneChangeMode(vehID=vh, lcm=1617) at every step for each vehicle in the simulation

OR by

changing the lcCooperative parameter from 1.0 (default, with coop) to 0.0 (no-coop) using traci.vehicle.setParameter(objID=vh, param="laneChangeModel.lcCooperative", value=str(0.0)) at every step for each vehicle in the simulation; while letting the default lane change mode of 1621 be.

But from the result of the time taken to complete simulation, they don't seem to be equivalent:

no-coop by setting lcCooperative to 0.0 - 373 s
no-coop by setting LCM to 1617 - 377 s

coop by setting lcCooperative to 1.0 - 365 s
coop by setting LCM to 1621 - 365 s

Could you please point me to the resource that I am missing to understand this difference? I am using the latest version of SUMO (main branch) built from the source.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Hriday

Back to the top