Re: [sumo-user] Tools: randomTrips.py seems to be generating route files with no vehicles

Any trip that isn't fully connected will be discarded. Your network has plenty of disconnected part and using edges from different parts in the via list will cause the trip to be discarded.
With such a high intermediate-value it's almost guaranteed that no valid trips will remain.
You can probably avoid this by reprocessing your network with.
netconvert -s old.net.xml ---keep-edges.components 1 -o new.net.xml