Re: [sumo-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Vehicle performs emergency braking

Hard to tell with this carFollowModel. Can you provide an example scenario?

Am Fr., 7. Jan. 2022 um 07:37 Uhr schrieb Pradeep Viyaluru Harinath <pradeep.viyaluruharinath@xxxxxxxx>:

Thank you this has eliminated the collision but still I receive plenty of warnings , is this a concern that requires attention.

Regards,

V.H.Pradeep

From: sumo-user <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jakob Erdmann
Sent: Thursday, January 6, 2022 1:19 AM
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sumo-user] Vehicle performs emergency braking

  **EXTERNAL EMAIL**
  This email originated outside of The University of Texas at San Antonio.
  Please exercise caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

The ACC model has a rather narrow range of applicability. In particular, the model is known to produce collisions at the default step-length of 1s. Better results can be achieved by setting a lower step length (i.e. 0.1s).