Re: [sumo-user] Time required to empty the network

There are some real world jams that are fixed in space (i.e. at a bottleneck). The entry of your highway could therefore correspond to the exit of a bottleneck.
Other types of real-world jams move upstream in space however.

Am Mo., 13. Sept. 2021 um 18:02 Uhr schrieb François Vaudrin <francois.vaudrin.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
Danke Jakob,
Can we consider that the jam at the entrance to the network (barrier-free highway) is similar to what would have happened in a real situation?
François

De : sumo-user <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> de la part de Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : lundi 13 septembre 2021 02:11
À : Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : Re: [sumo-user] Time required to empty the network

yes.

Am Mo., 13. Sept. 2021 um 04:48 Uhr schrieb François Vaudrin <francois.vaudrin.1@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello

When I get to the end of a simulation, there are a number of vehicles that are still on the network and others that could not enter (due to lack of space). As I understand it, these vehicles are in a queue waiting to enter the network.

To know how long it takes to get all the vehicles to go to the end, can I let the simulation run again until it stops by itself (i.e. when there are no more vehicles) ?

And, can I take this final time, as the time needed for all vehicles to reach their destination?

Thank you

François
CANADA