Re: [sumo-user] Replications with different seeds from TRACI

After considering using Libtraci instead of TraCIAPI and after browsing the Libtraci folder in the Simulation.cpp file, a quick check-up of Simulation::start ()  function member showed the following instructions:
#ifdef WIN32
    FILE* pipe = _popen(oss.str().c_str(), "r");
#else
    FILE* pipe = popen(oss.str().c_str(), "r");

meaning that in the  command line embedded in oss.str()   the referred file  (i.e sumo or sumo-gui) will be opened locally.
Therefore my two questions still stand:

Do SUMO and OMNeT++ must be necessarily installed on the same machine to run a simulation campaign with many replications ?

  ... if so, what's the point of using a client-server scheme to bind the two software through TraCI ?

Best regards.