[sumo-user] Questions regarding using SUMO for population pollutant exposure estimations

Hi everyone,
I have two questions regarding pedestrian simulation and emissions output in SUMO:

1) Is there any possibility, or is it planned to add the possibility, of creating pedestrian routes from pedestrian detectors for example using the dfrouter or flowrouter utilities for vehicle routes? From the documentation I understand that only RandomTrips and od2trips have an option to create pedestrian trips but I would find very useful if flowrouter or dfrouter include an option to create pedestrian routes from detectors located in sidewalks.

2) In the emissions ouput documentation appears the following warning:

Caution

When running with sub-second resolution, the emissions written during every simulation step are extrapolated to those that would be generated in 1 second. Thus, care must be taken when computing sums over time.

It is possible to not extrapolate the emissions output to 1 second timesteps? I want to evaluate the spatial uncertainty of emissions as a function of the timestep length and I would need to have subsecond emissions data.

Kind regards,

Alejandro Rodríguez Sánchez
PhD student
CIEMAT // Universidad Complutense de Madrid
28040 Madrid
email: alrodr25@xxxxxx

Back to the top