[sumo-user] A question about setSpeed command

Hi,

I was wondering to know whether the setSpeed command sets the speed equal to
a value and makes sure that the speed is kept constant for the rest of the
simulation. I used this command in my simulation:

traci.vehicle.setSpeed(veh_id, traci.vehicle.getSpeed(veh_id) - 1)

I also used an IF statement before it to make sure the command is performed
just once. What I see in the simulation is that the speed of the vehicle is
reduced and it is kept eqaul to the initial speed minus one until the end of
the simulation. However, what I need is that the speed is reduced once and,
in the continuation, is calculated based on the SUMO's car following model.
I appreciate any help.

Regards,
Reza.