Re: [sumo-user] Question on Integrating Emission Class with Fueling Stations

Hello,

By default, fuel level is not monitored in the Simulation. Cars drive as if their tank is always full and only the rate of consumption is tracked in the outputs.
You can active the battery.device and set option --device.battery.track-fuel to model the current fuel level of a vehicle.
(https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Models/Electric.html#tracking_fuel_consumption_for_non-electrical_vehicles)
Vehicles will automatically refuel themselves when at a chargingStation.
However, there is no model that makes vehicles seek out a chargingStation when low on fuel.
Note, that vehicles will keep driving with zero fuel level.
To avoid this you have to modify their behavior using the TraCI API (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/TraCI.html)

regards,
Jakob