Re: [sumo-user] About the astar algorithm landmark

Hello,
there is currently no function to generated a landmark table.
You need to pick the landmarks yourself and create a file with one landmark per line. (10-20, mostly placed at the outer rim of the network seems to work well).
The distances can then be generated automatically.

("A lookup table can be generated by creating a file with one landmark edge id per line (e.g. landmarks.txt) and then setting the options -astar.landmark-distances landmarks.txt --astar.save-landmark-distances lookuptable.txt")

There are publications out there that describe landmark selection algorithms but we didn't have the time/need to implement them yet. Code contributions are welcome.

regards,
Jakob