Re: [sumo-user] How to implement a two-stage left turn in SUMO?

In principle, the methodology for bicycles described at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Bicycles.html#indirect_left_turn can be applied to mixed traffic with scooters by extending the bicycle lane permissions to include vehicle class 'moped' and defining your scooters with this vClass. Since straight-going scooters may be allowed on all lanes, you can also modify the permissions of the vehicular left-turn connection so it disallows moped (thereby forcing them to use the indirect turn).

an example scenario for this setup can be obtained via https://sumo.dlr.de/extractTest.php?path=sumo/tests/sumo/junction_model/indirect_left_turn/internal_junction_controlled_moped

However, due to a bug in regard to connection permissions (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/8499), this isn't working in the latest release (1.9.0) but only working in the latest development version.
Since the bugfix is from today, you need to wait until tomorrow to download the updated files at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.php#sumo_-_latest_development_version

regards,
Jakob