Re: [sumo-user] Question about TAZ zones in SUMO

1) all edges that may be used for depart/arrival
2)
- https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/District.html#edgesindistrictspy
- https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Netedit/editModesNetwork.html#2_definition_of_edges_and_its_inputs_sources_and_outputs_sinks

regards,
Jakob

Am Mo., 15. März 2021 um 10:56 Uhr schrieb Alejandro Rodríguez Sánchez <alrodr25@xxxxxx>:
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to use O/D matrices in SUMO but after reading the docs I still have several questions:
1) In the documentation there is a scheme of how to build the TAZ file:

A traffic assignment zone (or traffic analysis zone), short TAZ is described by its id (an arbitrary name) and lists of source and destination edges.

Simple Definition

If you do not want to distinguish between source and sink edges and give all edges the same probability you can use the following abbreviated form:

<tazs>
    <taz id="<TAZ_ID>" edges="<EDGE_ID> <EDGE_ID> ..."/>

    ... further traffic assignment zones (districts) ...

</tazs>
But which edges do I need to specify for each TAZ id? All the edges that conform each TAZ? Only the borders?

2) Is there a faster way to create TAZ files? For example, importing TAZ from a shapefile including district or city limits?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Alejandro Rodríguez Sánchez
PhD student
CIEMAT // Universidad Complutense de Madrid
28040 Madrid
email: alrodr25@xxxxxx