[sumo-user] Reducing transit traffic through an edge

Hello fellow sumo-users,

I wonder, if there is a way to reduce transit traffic on certain edges, to make them drivable mostly for cars that have their destinations here, but at the same time, not to cut it off for transiting completely?

The reason I ask is that I notice, that some drivers go from one congested secondary street to another, also with dense traffic, through service communications and then get stuck when trying to enter main street, so they block service roads for those who actually need to be there. Simplified, it looks as shown below:

If no instrument to restrict transiting exist, how do I forbid it? Every type of road has its own max speed.

Regards,
Dmitrii Grishchuk.

Back to the top