Re: [sumo-user] Perception errors

1. The error state evolves according to  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornstein%E2%80%93Uhlenbeck_process
The code is in MSDriverState (see OUProcess)
Control parameters for the OUProcess are errorTimeScaleCoefficient and errorNoiseIntensityCoefficient as well as awareness
(see https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/blob/7ca399daab28139f5a726f557c4593454cb5174a/src/microsim/MSDriverState.cpp#L180-L188)

2) there is no range limitation

3)
a) the error affects gap and speed difference estimation (by default the error coefficients have the same sign which means a driver that overestimates the gap to the leader will also overestimate the leader speed)
b) the underlying assumption was that the expected error is 0 (no systematic bias). For the calculation see answer to 1)
c) with errorState = 10 the actual difference between real gap and faulty gap is 7.5 * trueGap (with default headwayErrorCoefficient = 0.75)

Note: when doing a sample run of the OU-Process a million times with default parameters, the error lies in [-0.85, 0.85] and ~90% of the error states are in [-0.2, 0.2].

regards,
Jakob