[sumo-user] Miscalculation of Rotational Kinetic Energy, Curvature Energy Loss, and Auxiliary Energy Demand06

Dear SUMO team,

my collaborators at the San Jose State University have an issue with the vehicle's battery device.

They discovered that the SUMO source code is calculating the Rotational Kinetic Energy, the Curvature Energy Loss, and the Constant Auxiliary Energy Demand incorrectly. The SUMO documentation lists the correct equations, but for some reason the source code is not correct in ver 1.6.0.

The 2 doc below point to the differences between the code and this documentation (which is correct)

Kurczveil, T., López, P.A., Schnieder, E., Implementation of an Energy Model and a Charging Infrastructure in SUMO
http://elib.dlr.de/93885/1/Proceeding_SUMO2013_15-17May%202013_Berlin-Adlershof.pdf

Hope that this little, but important bug can be fixed soon.

Greetings from

Joerg

(P:S same issue has been send to sumo-dev, but I'm not a member)

Back to the top