Re: [sumo-user] Option 'ignore-junction-blocker' seems to have no effect

Well,
to be honest, that option has not received much thought after being implemented 7 years ago.
Sometime later the option for detecting junction collisions was introduced and vehicles were prevented from driving through each other even when ignore-junction-blocker was set.
I guess this broke the originally intended semantic of "finding a way around junction blockage".
New code is needed to ignore junction collisions when ignoring junction blockers: https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/7650

Your scenario is seeing collisions due to faulty waiting positions (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4397). I recommend moving the waiting positions backward manually by editing connection attribute 'contPos' in netedit as explained at
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/netedit.html#setting_connection_attributes
These collisions cause vehicles to stop and this is creating your junction deadlock.
Setting contPos=10 for the left-turns fixes the problem.

In 1.6.0 acceleration while on an intersection was slightly different. There were also collisions but in different locations which did not trigger the deadlock. Both mentioned issues 4397 and 7650 were already present in 1.6.0.

regards,
Jakob