Re: [sumo-user] Lack of variation between simulations

Hello,
the randomness of DFRouter is not applied to the vehicle counts but only to the routes (i.e. where vehicles go next after a junction). The only way to get that desired variation in counts is to randomly modify the input data before each run.
Likewise, routeSampler will try to match the counts as closely as possible so in a way it's the same issue as with DFRouter.
However, if the candidate routes for sampling are not suitable there is more variation in failure.
You could try giving more candidate routes and switching on optimization (--optimize) but in the best case you would get the same problem as with DFRouter: closely matching counts each time.

Note, that during the simulation run (when also using sumo option --random), the measured data could vary quite a bit when looking at short time scales. You could try to reduce the aggregation of your validation files to observe this.

regards,
Jakob