[sumo-user] netedit config path confusion

Hi,

running latest git version netedit Ubuntu.
got problems using netedit configs, after thinking
"it were nice to have some edit configs to edit specific things,
when I can't pick how additionals are saved as separate parts"

my scenario data directory:

net/
    net.net.xml

    netedit_configs/
        just_net.netc.cfg

config creation in terminal shell (can it be done in the gui?):
created the cfg when
cd to directory

1) net/
netedit -s net.net.xml -C netedit_configs/just_net.netc.cfg
creates a net entry of
    <sumo-net-file value="net.net.xml"/>

launch netedit there:
netedit -c netedit_configs/just_net.netc.cfg
Error: No nodes loaded.
Error: Failed to build network.
-> little info for the user why...

test in gui: "Open Netconvert configuration"
Error: File '<somewhere>/Szenario0/net/netedit_configs/net.net.xml' is not accessible (No such file or directory).
-> which is understandable in the sense of path consistency because the given path was not right,
but indicates that a path relative to the config is required. (acceptable convention - OK with me.)

go one down and launch: cd netedit_configs/
netedit -c just_net.netc.cfg
Error: No nodes loaded.
Error: Failed to build network.
-> understandable, because there is no net.net.xml to be found as the config now says.
-> little info for the user why...

2) net/netedit_configs/
netedit -s ../net.net.xml -C just_net.netc.cfgfine
creates a net entry of
    <sumo-net-file value="../net.net.xml"/>

launch netedit there:
netedit -c just_net.netc.cfg
Error: No nodes loaded.
Error: Failed to build network.
-> little info for the user why...

go one up and launch: cd ..
netedit -c netedit_configs/just_net.netc.cfg
Error: No nodes loaded.
Error: Failed to build network.
-> little info for the user why...

test in gui: "Open Netconvert configuration"
all is well. network opens.

Questions:
* why will case 2 not work for the command line?
case 1 contains bad paths, so I see why that should not work.
* how can one save configs from netedit?

netedit cant load configs from command line in my setting,
probably can't in all where configs are in other directories than the net, additional, ... files.

thanks, regards
Gerald

Back to the top