[sumo-user] speedFactor does not change the speed and travel time

Dear all,

I am trying to understand the following sentence in the wiki:

Using speedFactor="normc(1,0.1,0.2,2)" will result in a speed distribution where 95% of the vehicles drive between 80% and 120% of the legal speed limit.

Let’s say the legal speed limit is defined as 100 kph in the net file. From what I understood, if I increase the first number which is the mean (for example from 1 to 2) the speed should be increased to 200% of the legal speed limit (200kph) for 95% of the vehicles. The min and max (0.2 and 2 respectively) make sure the chosen speed is not lower than 20%  (20kph) and higher than 200% (200kph) of the legal speed limit.

I tried to change the speed factor to increase the speed and expected lower travel time and higher speed. But changing the speed factor does not change the travel time at all.

I even used the normal distribution without cut-off. speedFactor="norm(2,0)" should increase the speed by 200kph for all vehicles (given that the std is zero). But again, there is no change in travel time and speed.

Regards,

Solmaz

Back to the top