[sumo-user] ego and foe velocity 2-D vectors in SSM output

Dear SUMO User Community,

I am looking at SSM output data and would like to use ego and foe velocity data points during any conflict for my calculations. I found that it is a list of 2D vectors, as mentioned in the documentation. But I couldn't understand the reason for having a vector of values for a specific timestep. For coordinates, it is understood to have a vector of X and Y coordinates but for velocities, it is not very clear. I would appreciate it if you could please help me understand the reasoning behind this.
Also, I found one minor mistake in SUMO documentation -

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/SSM_Device.html

In the description section for elements of conflict type, for foeVelocity field, description is given as "Timeseries of the ego vehicle's velocity vectors"

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Ishan Dindorkar

Back to the top