Re: [sumo-user] JTR router with fixed turning ratios

Hello Jakob,

first of all – thanks for the helpful reply!

While I continued to work with the JTR router and the routeSampler tool, several questions came up and I would be very happy for any further help:

JTR router

-       Does it make sense to define smaller interval sizes, but do not change the turning ratios in these intervals?

-       What’s the effect of “route-steps”? Does it only affect the result when different turning ratios are specified for different interval sizes?

RouteSampler

When I apply the RouteSampler.py, I indeed get more uniformly distributed turning flows. As input, I take the routes previously computed by the JTR router. However, the overall desired accumulated counts are not correct. I confirmed this by applying the “generateTurnRatios.py”. For example, at a specific intersection (two unidirectional links crossing) the turning ratios should be 50% for each leg. In contrast, I got 47% and 53% after applying the routeSampler. I apply the “—optimize full” option, and the interval size does not seem to have a big impact.

-       Does it make sense to reduce the counts for early intervals at intersections where it takes some time to load the network?

-       Are there any other ways to reach the desired turning ratios?

Thank you very much for any help!

Best

Gabriel