Re: [sumo-user] Question

latAlignment applies to the lane as a whole. What you are seeing must be some other effect. (i.e. lateral distance keeping in regard to other vehicles, staying in the correct turning lane).
An accurate description of the code would have been "vehicles move to the right side of their lane but not always to the right side of the edge (road)".
Could there be a misunderstanding in regard to the words?