[sumo-user] What is the logic of '--ignore-junction-blocker'?

Hello SUMO community,

I'm wondering how does the 'ignore-junction-blocker' work? The documentation says :"--ignore-junction-blocker <TIME> may be used to ignore vehicles which are blocking the intersection on an intersecting lane after the specified time. This can be used to model the real-life behaviour of eventually finding a way around the offending vehicle that is blocking the intersection."

Sounds like vehicles would find a way around the junction blockers. But when I ran across the following scenario, it puzzles me. We have a eastbound junction blocker which is located at internal connection. North-bound through vehicles seem not be able to move around, and thus the north-bound lane is blocked. Does the 'ignore-junction-blocker' still work here? If so, what is the underlying logic?

junction_blokcer.png

Thank you,
Hao Zhou,
Georgia Tech