Re: [sumo-user] SUMO Meso Max Speed higher than set allowed speed
  • From: <Jakob.Erdmann@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:09:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, de-DE

Hello,

the speed in excess of the speed limit may be due to the default speed deviation of 0.1 (causing vehicles desired speed to be distributed around the speed limit).

The micro model also features random slowdowns (in the default carfollow model  Krauss) which would explain the difference between meso and micro.

In our own research we found a speed deviation to be useful for meso simulation because it increases interaction between vehicles and causes speeds to drop in response to higher traffic (beyond the binary jam/no-jam behavior of meso). If you wish to keep the speed deviation and just adjust the maximum speeds then you can tune this with the speedFactor value.

For details, see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#speed_distributions

There may be something else going on though because the speed distribution is still centered on the speed limit by default and this goes against the value of 66% links with higher speed.

If you reproduce the effect in a "small" scenario (not the whole of upper austria) please send it my way so I can take a look.

A simple test for the speed-deviation thesis would be to run the simulation with option --default.speeddev 0

Regards,

Jakob