[sumo-user] Intermodal routing: car and PT

Hi all,

I am running a multimodal SUMO scenario where I create random demand for person trips. By now, I am running randomTrips.py separately for modes “car” and “public”, and then use duarouter once to create one route file based on the mode-specific trip files. That works fine so far, but of course the mode choice  between cars and PT remains external.

However, in the SUMO documentation it says that you can run randomTrips.py with --trip-attributes "modes=\"public,car\"" (as suggested in https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Trip.html). When I do that, and then run the duarouter, I get an error message saying “Error: Unknown person mode ‘car,public’”.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the mode choice between car, public transport and walking not possible at the moment?

Thank you and best regards,

Gabriel

Back to the top