Re: [sumo-user] Traffic generation by using Poisson distribution

- SUMO provides multiple runner.py files. Which one exactly do you mean?
- Since SUMO is a time-discrete simulation anyway (In every simulation step you have to decide whether to insert a vehicle or not), I recommend that you use the Binomial Distribution which is quite similar to the Poisson distribution. Traffic flow with Binomial distribution is supported by defining a <flow> with attribute probability. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#repeated_vehicles_flows and https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Randomness.html#flows_with_a_random_number_of_vehicles

regards,
Jakob