Re: [sumo-user] Fwd: Vehicle stalling in intersection

Hi Jakob,

The problem seems to have been caused by a zipper junction just downstream of the junction where cars appeared to stall. SUMO seems to look quite far ahead to make the cars "fit" into the zipper junction properly, so it was making cars wait in the junction to time their arrival into the zipper junction. Real drivers would move closer to the merging point and wait there. When I changed the zipper to a priority junction and gave the problem lane a higher priority, the problem went away. Does this sound plausible?

Albert

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 11:48 PM Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please provide the scenario files.

Am Mo., 13. Jan. 2020 um 02:08 Uhr schrieb Albert Jeans <ajeans2@xxxxxxxxx>:
Correction: the problem is somewhat random. In general, after the first few cars, the rest of the cars in the left turn queue tend to hesitate or even stop in the junction, greatly reducing throughput. The problem seems to go away if there are fewer cars stopped in the oncoming direction.

Albert

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Albert Jeans <ajeans2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 11:20 AM
Subject: Vehicle stalling in intersection
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi SUMO Users,

At one of the junctions in my network, vehicles turning left on a left turn signal stall in the intersection even though their route forward is clear. The first three vehicles proceed normally but the fourth and following vehicles stall (I tried removing the offending vehicles). After the light changes, they clear the intersection when they are able. Has anyone seen behavior like this? No other junctions have show this problem.
Stalling.jpg
Thanks,
Albert Jeans