Re: [sumo-user] output

Hello,
The density values for each lane must be weighted by the lane length when computing the average over all lanes.
- when you open a network in sumo-gui you can click the network statistics button (green car item at the bottom) and it will list the total lane length in km.
- when you set sumo option --summary-output, you will get an xml file that lists the total number of vehicles in each second. From this you can get the average density in each second and you can average this for the whole simulation.
Note, that there are many other ways for computing the density (i.e. you may wish to exclude lanes that are never used from your result).

Regarding speeds, the statistics output (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output.html#aggregated_traffic_measures) gives you average route length and trip duration. Dividing those gives you the space-mean-speed (slower vehicles spend more time in the simulation and thus contribute more to the average).
The latest development version also includes the speed average over all vehicles in the result (all vehicles count the same).

regards,
Jakob