Re: [sumo-user] Modify Map

Am 13.12.19 um 15:52 schrieb Julien Leplat:

Hello,

We made simulations with Webwizard and we have different problem:

  • We want to modify the map (like delete a road) but it doesn’t work because all of the vehicles are deleted so we don’t have a simulation.

              We would like to know to modify a map without remove all vehicles ?

With map you mean the network (osm.net.xml)?

In the directory generated by the wizard there is a build.bat script, which creates new trips on the base of the existing network (see also https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Import/OSM.html)

  • We want to simulate a traffic jam but we didn’t how. We tried to make a simple road which reduce the number of lane road but we didn’t managed to generate a lot of vehicles because we don’t have a lot of knowledge on xml and coding.

I think you need some basics about editing xml files

Flows are an convenient representation of many vehicles (see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#incomplete_routes_trips_and_flows)

You can specfify how many cars should run in an interval. Setting numbers to a greater value should create a traffic jam

Can you help us for create vehicles easily ?

Thank you for your answer !

Julien