[sumo-user] "Set custom connection shape" causes very slow and overlapping vehicles in junction area

Hi everybody,

in our workflows we often convert OpenDRIVE files to SUMO networks for Co-Simulation, which generally works quite well. However, the shapes of lanes in junction areas are simplified during the net conversion. To readjust them manually, we use the “Set custom connection shape” function of NETEDIT (e.g. to avoid vehicles driving over traffic islands). Sometimes, this causes major problems in the junction area, where vehicles get very slow and start overlapping each other etc. Are these issues known and is there a workaround (sometimes fixing the junction shape accordingly helps, but it’s less flexible and comfortable). I attached a working example of a junction in which I readjusted the right-turn coming from north.

All the best

Jakob