[sumo-user] Scope of ride.stop-tolerance

Clarification please :-
ride.stop-tolerance does not seem to apply to "ANY" rides - is this intentional?

I have a scenario where I am routing pedestrians to an edge to wait for "ANY" vehicle routing to their 'ride' destination.
By default these pedestrians will stop and wait at the centre of the edge.

The vehicles are using parkingArea(s) that do not necessarily overlap the centre of the edge. In which case the vehicles are never triggered and the pedestrians wait forever.

I could amend parking area length and/or set the pedestrian arrivalPos to resolve this. However this complicates my scenario based adjustments to parkingArea positions and/or edge adjustments and pedestrian flows.

Ideally I'd like to use ride.stop-tolerance to eliminate this fine tuning - assuming that it is appropriate,

I've made some simple changes to support this by  providing a 'get' method for myStopTolerance in MSVehicleControl and using the tolerance in the startPos/endPos checks in MSTransportableControl::boardAnyWaiting  and these give me the flexibility I'd like.

Is this sensible or contrary to the way you expect the models to work?

cheers
div

Back to the top