Re: [sumo-user] Adding vehicle through TraCI

You can create routes via TraCI (traci.route.add) and then use these routes for your new vehicles.
You can also add vehicles with an empty string as route id (it will be added to an arbitrary edge) but this only makes sense if you want to move it around using moveToXY functionality thereafter.

regards,
Jakob