Re: [sumo-user] modelling pedestrians correctly

Hello Jakob,

thanks for your reply.

Is detection of pedestrians by E2 detectors a planned feature? Or is it just not meant to function that way. Anyway I noticed that if I use --persontrips true with od2trips, SUMO does not find connections for pedestrians the way I modeled my network now (with connections instead of crossings). The simulations reports an error. So that I'd need to revise the network there anyway.

For now, I will stick with my incorrect approach, since it allows for much easier detection of pedestrians, with a single TraCI command. Also I find creating connections somewhat more intuitive than creating crossings in NETEDIT. It would be nice to be able to model pedestrians as vehicles, and still have them walk alongside one another on a sidewalk, maybe even in both directions, instead of in a line. But that is probably just not a typical use case.

Thanks, greets,

Menno