[sumo-user] custom attributes in xml definitions with netgenerate

Hi everyone,

I am currently using the plain xml format to define my sumo networks and then use netgenerate to generate the net file.

All of that works fine, but I was wondering how I could extend the format for my own needs while still being able to use netgenerate? More specifically I need to put some additional information on traffic signals (like is it a turning signal and some other information). I was thinking about using the connections xml file to define this and then basically end up with entries like this:

<connection from="x" to="y" fromLane="1" toLane="1" connectionType="turning"/>

My problem now is that I will lose this custom attribute 'connectionType' in the net xml file generated by netgenerate. Is there anyway to achieve this? Can I extend the xml schemas with my own and still use netgenerate? Or is this there any other way of encoding my custom information?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Tobias

Back to the top