Re: [sumo-user] Error: value 'desired' does not match any member types of the union.

You need to modify the SUMO_HOME environment variable to point to the development version. Otherwise XML-validation will pick up the schema files from version 1.2.
Also, the nightly snapshot is usually from midnight of the previous day unless someone breaks the code and the build process fails.