[sumo-user] Driver State Device

As stated in its  description <https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Driver_State>  , the
device induces imperfection into car-following and lane change models.

I have troubles understanding how it functions ^^, my questions are:

How does it influence the LC models?

and if Errors are driven by an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process, does this mean
that it generates a distribution of errors (a distribution of different
values over a group of vehicles "a population", where we only have to select
constant parameters for this stochastic process)?

Is there any published SUMO projects where this device was used?

Thank you for your support and guidance!

Kindly,
Berrazouane