Re: [sumo-user] find top n fastest routes

TraCI does not allow to retrieve the list of n fastest routes.
Also, the n-fastest routes in a strict mathmatical sense are often not useful because they include minor variations on the fastest route (high overlap) rather than real alternatives (low overlap).
The marouter application can compute a set of route alternatives using the penalty-method (found paths are penalized to encourage alternative routes without overlap). This algorithm can also be reproduced via TraCI by dynamically adapting the edge traveltimes before calling findRoute.

regards,
Jakob