[sumo-user] exporting sumo network (.net.xml) file as shape file

Good afternoon,

It’s a bit of complicated one. I was wondering if it is possible, or if there is a method or tool out there that can export edges and lanes information from a .net.xml file to a shape file?

My goal is to close edges between certain junctions in arcgis and reference this data to close matching lane ID’s in the .net.xml file using the REROUTER. The one workaround I have is to load the OSM file in ArcGIS and use planarise on polylines to spilt lines at junctions. I then give all new line segments a new unique OSMID and save a shape file. I then convert that back into an OSM file using JOSM and then use NETCONVERT to create my new network.

The issues I’m having is that by doing the above I no longer have traffic light information that was present in the original OSM file and that some of links between junctions become partially broken.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to therefore either export the roads and lanes from .net.xml into a shape file

Or

Reattach the traffic light back to their original locations at the relevant junctions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Barry

Back to the top