[sumo-user] Departure speed is incorrect

Hello,

I control the speed of my vehicles via Traci with vehicle.setSpeed(),
which I'm reading from a file. After I ran the simulation I noticed that
the vehicles didn't behave as expected. The depart times of the vehicles
(which were specified in the route-file) changed. Some vehicles entered
the network way later than specified. I did some tests and it seems like
the lane must be free for several meters in front of the depart position
before one vehicle can enter the network.

In my example i have a single straight lane and all vehicles enter at
the same position at the beginning of the lane. My vehicle 'A' enters
the network, but slows down, so that at the time the next vehicle 'B'
enters, 'A' has only driven a few meters and is still quite near to the
beginning of the lane (but there is still more than enough space to
avoid a collision). What I observed is that 'B' now does not enter at
its specified departure time, but about 4 seconds later.

Has anyone of you experienced this problem? Is there an option to
disable this behavior? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Duc

Back to the top