[sumo-user] Forbid lane changes on/to specific lanes

Dear SUMO devs/users,

Is it somehow possible to forbid lane-changes on multi-lane highways?

I guess for a simple case, such as road work zones where no one should be allowed to change lanes, I can achieve this by setting the lane-change behavior accordingly.

However, I have no idea how to model e.g. express lanes on a three-lane highway, where it is forbidden to change on or from the most left lane, but it should be allowed to change lanes on the rest of the lanes, as shown below: (such express lanes can be found in the US for example)

Is it possible to model such “solid line” or something, without actually splitting the road? I could not find any information on that in the wiki.

Kind regards,

Karl

Back to the top