Re: [sumo-user] Gridlock Simulation

Hello,
The parameter jmIgnoreKeepClearTime is not available in version 0.30.0.
It was added in 0.31.0. I advise upgrading to the latest sumo version (1.1.0).
regards,
Jakob

Am Mi., 30. Jan. 2019 um 13:15 Uhr schrieb Thanapapas (Knight) Horsuwan <Thanapapash15@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

In this scenario, I am trying to simulate traffic gridlocks (a good definition can be seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gridlock ) through queue length spillback (causing the vehicles in the other direction to not be able to flow. From the post about Junction Blocking in the wiki ( http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Intersections#Junction_Blocking ) , I tried to motivate the junction blocking behavior by disabling the no-block-heuristic via the parameter jmIgnoreKeepClearTime=0 in the vehicle type <vType> of the route file. After changing there are somewhat more vehicles inside the junction, but they are not as aggressive to cause gridlocks.

In the picture shown below, the behavior of a small gridlock is observed where the small queue length spillback blocks the flow from the vehicles wishing to go up from the bottom. However, even in green light, the vehicles in the right side don't flood the intersection and the vehicles up top can still flow down freely - not creating a gridlock.

Is there any way to simulate gridlocks in SUMO?