Re: [sumo-user] Issues with emergency braking and action-step-length

Hello Jakob, community,

I rerun my simulation with SUMO 1.1.0 (official zip version) and I still have all the emergency
braking issues. I used emergencydecel.warning-threshold 1.1 and they do disappear, but I would like
to know if there is something wrong with my vehicles behavior.

Additionally, what is the proper way to use action-step-length? I thought of having
action-step-length of 1s and step-length of .25s but I'm having an incredible number of collisions.
Is it possible that it's due to https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/2581 given that I'm using
the sublane model? Am I simply using it wrong? Are there some guidelines in order to proper
configure these parameters?

I just would like to be sure that my mobility is behaving in a reasonable way and I don't have
misconfigured parameters.

Attached you can find:
├── [4.6K]  basic.vType.xml
├── [4.0K]  action-step-length --> plenty of collisions everywhere
│   ├── [ 30M]  most.sim.log
│   └── [2.5K]  most.sumocfg
├── [4.0K]  no-action-step-length --> plenty of emergency braking
│   ├── [2.3M]  most.sim.log
│   └── [2.5K]  most.sumocfg
└── [4.0K]  warning-threshold_1.1 --> emergency braking disappears
    ├── [642K]  most.sim.log
    └── [2.6K]  most.sumocfg

All the Best,
Lara