Re: [sumo-user] Macroscopic traffic flow - is it possible with SUMO?

- What gives you the impression that MAROUTER creates assignment zones? The zones are read from the input using the option -d (--additional-files).
- The capacityConstraint function computes travelTime for that edge taking into account capacity constraints.
- Using the default 'incremental' method, the vehicles are assigned in chunks (total flow per OD-relation divided by number of iterations, default 20). The more vehicles that have used a link the slower it gets and this can lead to the assignment of fewer vehicles in the next step of the iteration. Vehicles always take the fastest route using the known capacities in their iteration step.

regards,
Jakob